GREEN COMMITMENTS: ABIM’S PRINCIPLES FOR GREEN POLICY AND ECO-FRIENDLY EVENTS
#SDG 8, #SDG12, #SDG 13, #SDG 14, SDG 15
Abdullah ibn Amr reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The merciful will be shown mercy by the Most Merciful. Be merciful to those on the earth and the One in the heavens will have mercy upon you.”
As a translation of our love to all living beings, and in fulfilling our trust as the Caliph of God to preserve the nature, any actions that we undertake must be sustainable in nature.
1) Setting a goal to achieve Zero Waste by adopting the 6 R culture to:-
a- Rethink (thinking the effect of usage of things to the environment)
b- Refuse (refusing to use products which are not suitable & sustainable)
c- Reduce (cutting back on the amount of trash we make)
d- Reuse/repair (finding a new way to use trash so that we don't have to throw it out/fix items if they are torn or broken)
e- Recycle (using trash to remake new goods that can be sold again)
f- Replace/rebuy (replacing items with new, green products)
2) Always saving energy, water and other resources in organizing programs and for the operations of ABIM offices.
3) Reducing the emissions of carbon monoxide, smoke, toxins by sharing vehicles & using public transports during organisation of ABIM’s events.
4) Giving priority to biodegradable materials and reducing the use of non-ecological friendly materials such as plastics, straws, polystyrene and others in all activities organized by ABIM and in daily operations of ABIM Secretariat.
5) Partnership with eco-friendly suppliers and giving priority to environmentally friendly products recognized by accredited bodies.
These Green Commitments and principles for green policy and eco-friendly events apply to all members in organizing activities or programs of ABIM and to all institutions and agencies owned by ABIM.