By:- Muhammad Faisal Abdul Aziz, President Muslim Youth Movement of Malaysia (ABIM)
Utmost gratitude extended to the United Nations for receiving the courtesy call from Abim Pusat & Malaysian CSOs on this very special day of International Solidarity Day for the Palestinian People. The main objective of the visit is to present a Memorandum on behalf of the Malaysian people to the UN to support the initiative by the UN to keep peace and stability in Palestine. At the same time, we want to refresh our stance to be consistent in supporting the Palestinian cause in liberating their homeland. Besides, given the never-ending situation of violence in Palestine, we would like to call upon the UN on behalf of all international communities to uphold the cause of Palestinian people by
1) Enforcing UNSC Resolution 2334 adopted on 23rd December 2016
2) The OTP of ICC requesting authorization from the ICC pre trial chamber for its office to initiate an investigation into the alleged crimes of Israel againts Palestine in accordance with Article 15 (1) Rome Statute.
3) Taking more assertive actions by executing the Resolutions reached un the UNGA though the status of Resolutions are non binding and recommendatory in nature.
4) Defending the rights of the aggrieved Palestinians especially their rights to worship freely in Al-Aqsa mosque without any interference by the Israeli regime, and to preserve the important sites of Al-Aqsa without any irresponsible destruction by the Zionists.
5) Empowering humanitarian missions by facilitating humanitarian agencies under United Nations and humanitarian NGOs such as Global Peace Mission Malaysia (GPM) to hand aids to fulfill the basic needs of the Palestinians.
Last but not least Abim hope to keep engaging with the UN in sharing the same spirit to maintain justice, freedom and peace in this world.
In conjuntion with the visit ABIM presents an olive tree to the UN office in Malaysia as a symbol of trust to the UN to always preserve freedom, justice and fundamental liberties in #Palestine.